16th September 2022
McIntosh has launched its highest-performing centre speaker to date, the XCS1.5K Center Channel Loudspeaker, which has been designed to complement its iconic XRT2.1K and XRT1.1K floor-standing loudspeakers and form part of an uncompromising McIntosh home cinema system.
The 80 kg XCS1.5K Center Channel Loudspeaker benefits from 43 individual speaker drivers rated to 1,500 watts for even the most demanding home cinema system. It replaces the XCS2K and XCS1K speakers.
The hybrid three and four-way speaker, comprises 25x 19 mm tweeters, 14x 63.5 mm aluminium cone midrange units and 4x 200 mm long-throw carbon fibre bass drivers, housed in a vented cabinet. The strategic driver selection coupled with a detailed crossover design helps to create a wider sound field and in addition, the speaker can be tilted to one of five preset angles to be optimally aimed to the listening position.
Finishing touches include three sets of McIntosh Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts, a removable black-knit-cloth speaker grille and classic McIntosh design elements. The speaker also benefits from seven layers of high-gloss piano black paint.
Key features at a glance
• 43x individual speaker drivers
• 4x 200 mm long-throw carbon fibre woofers housed in a vented bass cabinet
• 14x 63.5 mm aluminum midrange units
• 25x 19 mm dome tweeters
• Tiltable to one of five preset angles
• Three sets of Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts (bi/tri-amping or bi- or tri-wiring)
• Detailed crossover design for a wider sound field
• High-current capacity capacitors and inductors
• Removable black knit cloth speaker grille
• Seven layers of high-gloss piano black paint
Unit Dimensions (W x H x D):
49-31/32" (126.92 cm) x 17-3/16" (43.66 cm) x 21-7/32" (53.9 cm)
178 lbs (80.74 kg)
Orders for the XCS1.5K Center Channel Loudspeaker can now be placed with authorised McIntosh dealers with shipping expected to begin in October 2022.
To find out more about the McIntosh XCS1.5K, please click here.
To find your nearest McIntosh retailer, please click here.
Sign up to the Fine Sounds
Only the very best audiophile news, reviews and events for you to consume on a lazy Sunday afternoon.