19th June 2021
Iconic Italian loudspeaker manufacturer Sonus faber has expanded its award-winning Lumina range to include a new flagship floorstander, the Lumina V, and a powerful yet compact standmount speaker, the Lumina II.
Both models feature the same legendary handmade-in-Italy craftsmanship, artisan design and natural sound quality as Sonus faber’s more exclusive ranges, while offering the extraordinary affordability Lumina has become known for.
For stereo and multichannel systems
The new Lumina II and Lumina V A/V speakers are designed to offer the ‘voice of Sonus faber’ in both stereo and multichannel systems, and are positioned to offer greater power handling for larger spaces. Both models embody the history and spirit of Sonus faber, expanding the September 2020-launched Lumina collection to five models: two standmounts, two floorstanders and a centre.
Benefitting from a multilayer wood front baffle available in three finishes, walnut and wengè with maple inlays, plus piano black, the cabinets are finished in a luxurious black leather, echoing Sonus faber’s upmarket collections.
The Lumina II is the second standmount speaker in the collection and joins the smaller, multi award-winning Lumina I. The Lumina II enjoys a larger cabinet volume with a 150 mm mid-range driver. A compact and versatile design, the Lumina II can be placed within a bookcase or shelving unit, in addition to stand use as a stereo pair, or as rear channels in a home cinema system.
The Lumina V is the second floorstanding Lumina model, joining the existing Lumina III. As the new flagship, it benefits from a number of key design elements including a lute-shaped mid/high internal chamber: a unique feature created by Sonus faber and a main characteristic for the brand since its inception in the 1990s. The chamber maximises structural rigidity and the acoustic performance of the midrange, while simultaneously reducing standing waves.
Hybrid IFF crossover
The Lumina V also features Sonus faber’s hybrid IFF crossover. The mid/high crossover network ‘Hybrid IFF – Paracross Solution’ combines Interactive Fusion Filtering, first introduced in the Maxima Amator, with the Paracross Topology™, where reactive components (capacitors and inductors/coils) are placed on the negative rail of the circuitry. The resulting benefits include a reduction in the drivers’ back EMF (Electro Motive Force), allowing them to operate in a maximally interconnected and organic way, while lowering the crossover’s sensitivity to radio frequencies, further improving sound quality.
For a range of A/V applications, including music, gaming and home cinema, the Lumina collection perfectly pairs with Sonus faber’s Gravis subwoofer models I, II and III, which feature matching finishes and materials.
The Lumina range now comprises the Lumina I and Lumina II standmounts, the Lumina III and Lumina V floorstanders, plus the Lumina Center I centre channel speaker.
- Handcrafted in the Sonus faber factory in Vicenza, Italy
- Legendary Sonus faber artisan design, peerless build and natural sound quality
- Accessible price points offer affordable luxury to a wider range of music lovers
- Now a five-strong range: Lumina I and new Lumina II (standmounts), Lumina II and new Lumina V (floorstanders), plus the Lumina Center I (centre channel speaker)
- Flexible across a range of A/V applications: music, movies and gaming
- Multilayer real wood front baffle, real wood veneer, hand-covered in real leather
- Proprietary drive units deliver the ‘Voice of Sonus faber’·
- Flexible positioning: can be used close to walls, on bookshelves etc.
- Sonus faber DNA: made-in-Italy excellence since 1980
- Three finishes: walnut, wengè and piano black
- Perfectly pairs with Sonus faber’s Gravis subwoofer models I, II and III, which feature matching finishes and materials.
Available now. To find your nearest Sonus faber retailer, please click here.
Sign up to the Fine Sounds
Only the very best audiophile news, reviews and events for you to consume on a lazy Sunday afternoon.